Sunday, January 27, 2008

Dear Classmates,

It seems, lately, I have been frequently saying, "I don't know" or "I will know more later". So if I find some wisdom I do feel qualified to say, I would like to offer it.

This entry is "how-to" practical advice dedicated to those people my age or "better" who need to catch up on having their colonoscopy. My credentials to offer this advice are that I had my baseline colonoscopy a few years ago, and now am in my second day of "bowel prep" for surgery. First of all, I encourage you to just do it!

Second, I have a short list of essential items that may not have been in your doctor's prep instructions. (They will make your experience more pleasant, or at least less unpleasant.)

1) Charmin Ultra toilet paper. No one is paying me to say this. It is the softest I have found.

2) Water bottle. There is probably an old sports water bottle in your cupboard that still works. It will be comforting to your skin.

No comments: