Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Words of Faith

"But now thus says the Lord,
he who created you, O Jacob,
he who formed you, O Israel:
Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by name, you are mine.
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you;....
For I am the Lord your God,
the Holy One of Israel."
Isaiah 42:1-3a

"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases,
his mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
"The Lord is my portion," says my soul,
"therefore I will hope in him."
Lamentations 3:22-24

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Bible verses, Laura. You know where to go for rest, strength, guidance, hope, whatever you need. I love your open honesty and so does your Heavenly Father. Michael and I continue to pray for you daily.

Love,
Lynn

Anonymous said...

Laura, I can not imagine being able to do what you are doing - sharing your story on a blog with many people as the story is unfolding. Your strength and depth of faith is SO evident in the way you and John are handling this journey of cancer. You are an inspiration to all of us and for that I am most grateful. Do know you are in our thoughts and prayers. As I face the day today, trying to untangle the web which my sister has around her life, I am calmed and inspired by you. God Bless You. Hugs Jan