Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Chemotherapy #7

Today was Chemotherapy # 7.
8:00 a.m until about 1:30 or so.

All went fine.. just one needle poke.

Before the steroids wore off, and in case my feet start hurting or getting numb, I wanted to get a load of laundry done.
So that is done!

Karen and Anna and Russell also brought over a thoughtfully prepared dinner. It is especially fun to see them, as it is also a little time to visit.

We also had a lovely "Meet & Greet" with a group from the congregation last night, graciously hosted by Josh and Liz. I had to leave early though when I remembered I was due for a dose of steroids at 8 p.m., 5 tabs 12 hours prior to chemo. The second dose was at 2:00 a.m., 5 more tabs 6 hours prior to chemo.

By now, my face is starting to feel the "chemo burn".

Tomorrow I return to the clinic for my Neulasta shot (for bone marrow protection). Then I expect to feel more aches and for my feet to be affected. However, I do expect to feel much better in about a week!

In the meantime, my Homecoming/Class Reunion events are thrown in the mix. I will be glad to see everyone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, Laura. I had not been able
to get into your journal since early July.
This morning I called John and left
a message, and he replied soon by
by e-mail. With the address he sent, after several tries, I was
able to get in.
Congratulations on your 31 anniversary. We are just double
that at 62.
This morning I read a thought that
was meaningful to me. It was in
Heron Dance, a beautiful inspirational booklet published
by a small group in New England>
"For is is not merely the trivial
that clutters our lives but the
important as well. We have a
surfeit of treasures-an excess
of shells, where one or two would
be significant." Anne Morrow
Lindberg, from a 'Gift of the
Sea'. So good to connect with
your journal again! Bob McFarling.

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura! Thanks for keeping us up-to-date on your medical care as well as your spiritual insights along the way. Your blog link can be found on the FUMC Northville website.
Hugs,
Tami B.

Anonymous said...

Hey Laura I was thinking of your class reunion this past weekend as we celebrated my parents' 50 anniversary in Sebring,Fl. Hope it went well and that you had fun, I bet I know which dress you wore!! Debbie V.