Friday, August 29, 2008

The Princess and the Pea at Gilda's Club

I call today my Princess and the Pea Day, when my bones and muscles seem extra sensitive. It took a while to drag myself out of the house, but I knew I needed to move. Fortunately, James and I had just walked last night, and found our way to the local Gilda's Club (after it was closed for the evening). It seemed like a good destination for a walk today, and I knew I would not get lost! They were very welcoming, although- interesting welcome- one person said she was sorry I had to be there. It seems worth exploring, so I "joined", and I look forward to participating.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for always putting the links to organizations, etc. in your blogs, Laura. It's so wonderful to be able to explore all the things you're experiencing. It's nice that you seem to be within walking distance of Gilda's Club. Possibly you can find some walking buddies there. It appears to be a wonderful organization. Karen in AZ

Anonymous said...

Laura, so good to hear from you again. Deanie said she wrote a
Message. I was on the phone, and
it wouldn't go for her, so she ended up erasing it. I hope she
can try again soon. Our thoughts
and prayers go out to you each day.

Bob McFarling