Monday, September 29, 2008

Hmm-mmmm-mmmmm

Thanks for your kind comments and prayers! It is very good to hear from you, including not-too-far-away "loyal readers" like Bob & Deanie, and also some longer-distance friends from places like Eaton Rapids, one of my "hometowns" Traverse City, and Berlin, Germany! (I need to keep up better - Pat & Ron: Florida?)

I am feeling more energy today, and actually got out for my walk with friend/classmate/neighbor Sue C.

After coming back, I noticed myself humming little tunes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well you made it and look how far you have come! You are humming again and that makes me smile. God is good! Elizabeth H.

Anonymous said...

Keep humming those tunes, Laura. I will be thinking of you as you go on your retreat with your Mother and sister. What a great experience. I know you must have heard many "chemo stories" but I have a good one. My Mother, age 89, had luekemia and had decided to not be treated at her age. Then her spleen began to grow out of control with the cancer. So she had the chemo treatment. It was much different from yours, as it was in-hospital for 24 hours a day for 7 days. She had a few side effects when she got home but nothing we couldn't deal with. That was 3 years ago and today she is perky as ever and almost 90 years old. She lives by herself and feels good most of the time. The Drs.don't use the word "remission" but we do! God is good. Yes, Ron and I do live in FL now full time but we make occassional trips to MI to see the kids. I will be going there in Oct. for a new baby= # 7 grandchild- a girl this time. We are excited. Love to you and John. Pat Keller