Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Lake Michigan - Healing Waters

Yesterday, John and I made another quick trip, to Muskegon to pick up John's mom from a visit with childhood friend Doris.

West Michigan has been "home" for most of our adult lives, including raising our family there. It was hard to pass through so briefly. However, we did squeeze in a few minutes to put our feet in Lake Michigan. (I wore water shoes, which would please Dr. Malviya.)

I remember the song:
I’ve got peace like a river…
Joy like a fountain…
Love like an ocean…

Maybe there should be a verse for Lake Michigan.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm seeing this as a perfect picture for a "Welcome to the shores of Lake Michigan" Ad!!!
Get your cousin Doug on the phone, may he can make it happen!
Karen D.S. Trask
(If that doesn't sound like an author's name, I don't know what does! Which is how you tagged me in one of the photos - Love it!)