Saturday, September 14, 2013

Motorcycle Ride with Dad



Earlier this summer, on a visit with my parents, Dad went out for a motorcycle ride.
He invited me along.
He loves the beauty and the wild freedom, I guess.
I love him.

He roared down the road,
with me sitting behind him,
in my own meditation space.

My conscious thoughts:
God, I am feeling so close to you,
in kind of a funny way,
with heightened senses.
I feel so vulnerable.
Long sleeves and pants and even helmet
are not much protection against a fall
or another vehicle
or an animal.
I could die any minute.
So vulnerable.

My experience:
I watch trees and woods and sky and even wild turkeys.
I feel wind in my face.
Air.
Breath.
Life.

My conscious thougths:
I am alive.
I am alive this minute.
I am alive and...  why waste a beautiful ride?
I am alive and I should enjoy the ride.
I am alive and I will enjoy the ride.
I am alive and I am enjoying the ride.
I am alive!
Thank you God for this moment... for this day.


God, may I trust you for the ride each day.

This is the day that the Lord has made;
let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Psalm 118:24 (NRSV)














No comments: